Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunshine in the Darkness

You brought the sunshine in
You turned the dark to day
You made the shadows flee away

You opened up my eyes
To a new and living way
The dawning of a brand new day

There are thoughts in my head all the time. There are thoughts in everyone's heads all the time. I read this in a psychological paper I had been working through all this morning. But I just cannot get it pass my head this one overriding thought: that no other thought is as important, impactful, and life-changing as these words above.

Perhaps a cynic might disagree, citing numerous reasons why faith is nothing more than a blank storage of self-gratifying nonsense just to make us feel better. Perhaps the bitter would no longer accept that there is hope at the end of the tunnel, that all is lost. Perhaps the ones with everything wouldn't care less because they feel that there is nothing that they do not already have. Perhaps the hard-working would feel that there is no free lunch. Perhaps.

But I know what I am saying when I describe the love that has indeed being freely given. I know what I am saying when I note that no one is ever satisfied with the things they have in this world. I know what I am saying when I tell people that there is more to life than this. I know what I am saying when I point to the fact that there was nothing self-gratifying in the actions of martyrs. Faith is a belief. Faith is a lifestyle. Faith drives people. But above all, faith in God brings the sunshine in and turns the dark to day.

No comments: